Saturday, July 26, 2008

Outside of the City (and Colour)

The live taping of the Vinyl Cafe on Sunday evening of Hillside promises a "special guest." Originally hoping for Basia Bulat I discovered she was busy with the Calgary Folk Fest. Feist was next on my list but she's not on tour (though she could play then stick around to do the Social thing with BSS later) however she's a huge name to keep under wraps. However as we were waiting for Hawksley to come on tonight my friend and I heard them playing City and Colour over the loudspeakers. Traditionally at Hillside they only play bands that are at the festival this year (since we heard Spiral Beach earlier in the night it would appear they are keeping with tradition). Therefore I would feel pretty confident saying that Dallas Green could be the "special guest." He just played Rogers Picnic last weekend in Toronto so he's not too far away - and had a few other festival gigs earlier in the summer but is not busy this weekend. Also he has a history with Hillside having played Hillside Inside in February of this year. Evidence is adding up!

UPDATE: I must admit that this turned out to be incorrect. The special guest (so I heard) was Ron Sexsmith. However I can't elaborate because when I heard that I decided to stay with JayMay who was excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment