Saturday, April 17, 2010

THT @ The Keg

Having professed to "lurving" Guelph while chatting after their PEI-night Olympic show, Two Hours Traffic backed it up by playing a free show at the Keg (Brass Taps) at the UoG. I was happy to see that not everyone was there only for the cheap drinks (that was only a secondary reason for me!) as they took to the stage and a slew of THT fans loyally trotted to the front to dance along (myself included). It took a while to win over the casual fans, especially with a new-album heavy set-list off the top (Territory, Lost Boys, Drop Alcohol), but in due time people were converted. Picking up steam they cruised through with gems such as Heroes of the Sidewalk and Backseat Sweetheart. Despite the lack of anywhere to go between sets they deserted the stage only to return soon thereafter with a couple song encore, inviting a fan to back up on tambo, and end off the night with the much beloved Stuck for the Summer.

Dead Letter Chorus opened from Australia. Despite some solid reviews that I'd heard before, and since, I wasn't blown away, though admittedly I was seated off to the side enjoying the aforementioned cheap drinks for the entire set (still something is to be said that they didn't budge me from that position).

No comments:

Post a Comment