Tuesday, December 23, 2008

2008 Top Ten Albums

Good Year to all,
This is the first time in a few years that I've gotten my list out before the new year (and before the end of the new year as has been habit recently). Anyhow here it is - with the qualifier that these albums are not judged on artistic or technical merit - but simply my personal likability of the music that I heard this year. Often times I gravitate toward the jangly indie rock that gets me bopping since I find I can listen to that over and over, singing along, without getting sick of it. Anyhow to add to the stack of blogger's stacks of personal faves -- here you have it!


1 born ruffians - Red, Yellow and Blue

2 hey rosetta! - Into Your Lungs

3 the dodos - Visiter

4 tokyo police club - Elephant Shell

5 wolf parade - On Mount Zoomer

6 bon iver - For Emma, Forever Ago

7 vampire weekend - Vampire Weekend

8 girl talk - Feed the Animals

9 tv on the radio - Dear Science

10 los campesinos - Hold On Now, Youngster

postscript: Having graduated last year I use music less as a procrastination tool - and spend less time in front of a computer - therefore my new music intake has decreased in the sense of listening to full albums. However the magic of streaming radio - especially Radio3 - has introduced me to many, many new artists, all of which happen to be Canadian. This has undoubtedly affected the list.

ps II: The ordering is as of today - though today's was completely revamped since the beta version I drafted up a few weeks back, so it is more of a suggestion of how much play each album got this year into my ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment