Monday, December 01, 2008

Forgot Again - Top Albums 2007

This is a couple years running now.. early December rolls around and the blogosphere lights up with top whatever lists of albums for the year. I read some and it gets me thinking about my own and then I look back to the previous year and realize that i forgot to post it. So perpetually a year in arrears here is my 2007 list. I'll have you know I attempted to start my 2008 list over the weekend and came up with a quick 8 that will be on there, and some more thought may have to be given to who will round out the list and what order they will fall in. 

Without further ado, 2007: 
1 Joel Plaskett - Ashtray Rock 
2 Feist - The Reminder 
3 LCD Soundsystem - Sound of Silver 
4 Of Montreal - Hissing Fauna, Are You The Destroyer? 
5 Stars - In Our Bedroom After the War 
6 Immaculate Machine - Fables 
7 Two Hours Traffic - Little Jabs 
8 Mother Mother - Touch Up 
9 Band of Horses - Cease to Begin 
10 Miracle Fortress - Five Roses 

Honestly, that's a pretty solid list. Usually a year later I come back and cringe a little but this year isn't too bad. Perhaps immaculate machine doesn't deserve number 6 honours (honourable mention would be more appropriate) and though I loved LCD I didn't find myself listening to it much in oh-eight (however I was on an electro kick in 2007 which explains it). Miracle Fortress was a late addition, sneaking in at 10 but fully warrants it.

No comments:

Post a Comment