Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Hillside: No Women Allowed

Seems that mostly disappointing news is coming outta the Hillside lineup lately.. the western Canadian band, Women, who were formerly listed here as well as on the Hillside site as performers, will no longer be playing the festival. Disappointing, though really when there are 50+ other acts I'm sure someone will fill the void. Perhaps Sam is still working on another last minute 'headliner'? (Personally I see Metric as a good fit - former hillside performers with a new album who are doing the festival circuit. However nothing has surfaced to support this thought)

I'm off to the Royal City tribute! Watch this space for a review of that.

2 comments:

  1. I'm also hoping there's another big-name announcement still to come - and yes, Metric was exactly who I was thinking of/hoping for, too.

    I have to say, compared to the last few years, I am finding this year's lineup very disappointing so far...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see what you're saying but I always try to remember that part of the magic of Hillside (besides the festival atmosphere itself) is finding bands you've never heard of before to fall in love with. Looking back on years past you think "Woah, that's huge!" but often that is because Hillside is ahead of the times, bringing in amazing performers who are destined for big things and are just about to peak.

    ReplyDelete