Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Top Albums 2003

  • 1. Hed P.E. - Blackout
  • 2. Billy Talent - Billy Talent
  • 3. The Darkness - Permission To Land
  • 4. Finger Eleven - Finger Eleven
  • 5. Rancid - Indestructable
  • 6. The Strokes - Room On Fire
  • 7. The Mars Volta - Deloused in the Comatorium
  • 8. The White Stripes - Elephant
  • 9. The Offspring - Splinter
  • 10.Thursday - War All The Time
  • Honourable Mention:

    Fingertight - In the Name of Progress

    Late 2002 Picks

    Finch - What It Is To Burn

    2006 Note: Seems that I progressed a long ways in a year, including honourable mentions and last year's late picks. This list is a little more skewed now that I have some experience. I feel I have to defend some of the picks, such as blaming the darkness on my friends' obsession and a fun live show. Rancid and Offspring, although both excellent bands in their prime, I think I was listening as if this was their prime, which it clearly was not. Hed P.E. is one of my secret indulgences and this may very well have been their best (most mainstream anyways) album, and its top ranking was likely me trying to expose a bigger audience to them. Whatever did come of fingertight? Nothing far as i can surmise.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment